[Bitpim-devel] RE: A700 info request
Jim Bailey
2004-09-23 19:28:23 UTC
Steve Wood (***@bitpim.org) asked me to send the responses to the
following AT commands when issued to a Samsung MM-A700 phone:
AT+GMI
AT+GMR
AT+GMM

This is to create a check to prevent BitPim from disabling the modem
port when it is used with the A700.

AT+GMI

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

OK

-----

AT+GMR

ES.A700 1 [Jun 01 2004 24:00:00]

OK

-----

AT+GMM

SPH-A700/141

OK
stuck in diagnostic mode problem a few weeks ago on bitpim-devel. I
am slowly working on support for another Samsung phone (VGA1000) and
in the process of working on it, I would also like to add some checks
to BitPim so that it won't attempt things know to cause problems on
some phone. (Such as diagnostic mode on the A700). To do that I want
to query the phone with the fairly standard AT commands that can
return model and manufacturer information.
Could you tell me what the following AT commands return for your
phone.
AT+GMI
AT+GMR
AT+GMM
These should return the manufacturer, firmware revision and model.
What I do is call these before any call to AT$QCDMG and then refuse
to do the AT$QCDMG with the A700 and any other phones that we
discover have this problem.
You should be able to send AT commands to your phone using an
application like hyperterminal or kermit.
You can either send the information back through SU pm's, or better
yet, post it on bitpim-devel. (I can't tell if you still subscribe to
that which is why I write here.)
Steve