[BitPim-devel] BitPim Developer information#Getting Started Install APSW - dont i need to install SQLLite too?
Roger Binns
2006-09-25 03:32:02 UTC
If you didn't follow all the instructions (note the cp bit) then having
-L won't make a difference. -L just prepends to the search path - it
doesn't mean that the sought after item actually has to be in that
directory.

Once I have access to my Mac again I will double check all this, but the
instructions given are the ones I follow when making APSW for BitPim
builds. It also helps that 10.3 which I use doesn't have a native
SQLite so the subdirectory one is the only one that can be found.
hmm, it seems to be still preferentially using the older
one....dang, what is the equivalent of ldd on OSX?
If you the follow the instructions then SQLite should be statically
embedded in apsw and hence ldd or equivalent shouldn't show anything.
I have modified the next release of apsw so that it refuses to compile
if the SQLite version is too old.
that seems like a very good idea
In your case it seems like you are picking up the headers from your
child directory but not the static library. This won't help.