[BitPim-devel] Looking for Sprint Samsung A680 users
Stephen Wood
2005-09-28 20:43:40 UTC
I would like to add BitPim support for Samsung A680. This phone is used both
by Sprint (US) and Bell (Canada). This support will be based on the Samsung
A620 code. I know that some things are different between the 620, and the
680. I am looking for someone to provide some information about the Sprint
A680. (I have information about the Bell version).

1. Where are the camera files located on the phones file system.

2. How many characters need to be stripped off of the front of a camera file
to get a standard JPEG. (Best to just email me an unmodified camera file
from the file system.

3. I have heard that when people try to write to the A680 phonebook using
the A620 setting (not recommended), BitPim crashes. I would like if someone
could provide a protocol log of an attempt to do this. Please asssume that
doing so will wipe all entries from your phonebook, and do not assume that a
version of BitPim that could restore a wiped phonebook from a previous
backup will be forthcoming. (Although that is the goal of this.)

Thanks, Stephen