[Bitpim-devel] Re: [BitPim-user] Re: Version 7.23 problem with Sanyo MM-7400
Stephen Wood
2004-12-23 02:19:37 UTC
I got it working... your instructions were great. It was much easier
than getting the native Perl working for another project I've very
active in (XMLTV).
You Python folks seem to have your act togeather... even if you don't
use Perl. :)
I know perl, but don't actually know Python. I just fake it. (Which
means you can too!)
When I run it, I get a lot of "no file for Disco", etc. I assume
that's normal. I either don't see it when I run the execuable because
there's no console or manual invokes a debug mode...
Thats normal. I forget why that happens.
The development version is behaving the same as the EXE bundle, so I
guess I'm ready to try stuff.
Are the pictures and/or videos on the camera available for download? I
don't see anything in the file tree.
Those things don't show up in the file system on Sanyos. If the
protocol hasn't changed, you should just be able to Get Data and
choose wallpaper.

If you want to help figure out where the ringerpicbuffer is, add a
method getringtones to the Phone class in com_sanyo7400 like this:

def getringtones(self, result):
req=self.protocolclass.bufferpartrequest()
for command in range(256):
req.header.command=command
res=self.sendpbcommand(req, self.protocolclass.bufferpartresponse)

This code has nothing to do with getting ringtones. It is just a
place to put it so that we can choose to execute it by doing "Get
Data/Ringtones". When you run it, make sure that protocol logging
is turned on. If the phone hangs or reboots part way through, then
restart, starting with a command value just above what didn't work.

For completness, this needs to be done with a different "packettype".
To do that, put just after the req= line "req.header.packettype=0x0c".
(The default is 0x0f). If you are nervous doing this with your phone,
wait until I code it up and try it on an my PM8200 first. I think
doing this is safe as long as you don't put the phone into write mode
first (done by sending the beginendupdaterequest packet).

Stephen