[BitPim-devel] Auto-Dection Implementation available
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-12 03:13:51 UTC
An initial implelemtation of the auto-detection feature is now available for testing and inclusion of individual phones. Please refer to the comments in the phone_detect module, as well as com_samsungscha310/650/670 as examples.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Vic Heintz
2005-04-12 16:14:28 UTC
I have been a bitpim orphan since version 0.7.28. The only wxpython
version available for Jaguar is
wxPython2.5-osx-ansi-2.5.5.1-macosx10.2-py2.3.dmg
I believe from what I read here that this will not work with the latest
bitpim code. Hence I haven't tried to update my system to run from
code.

MacOS Tiger will be available in less than 3 weeks (
http://www.apple.com/macosx/ ). I do not see any hint of wxpython
support for Tiger on the wxpython website. What is the plan? Will
bitpim be a Panther-only product in the Mac world for a while?

I don't suppose the Panther version will simply work in Tiger. (Forward
compatibility? I don't really understand the backwards compatiblity
issues with wxpython anyway.) I imagine buying Tiger doesn't entitle
you to a right to use Panther.

Vic
Roger Binns
2005-04-12 17:12:52 UTC
Will bitpim be a Panther-only product in the Mac world for a while?
Well, since Apple have decided that someone like me has to pay over 20%
of the system price from a few months ago to upgrade, there is absolutely
no danger of me doing that. (When I ordered originally the phone rep claimed
it would only be $20 - ha!)

So the builds I will be doing will be on Panther. I have no idea if
they'll work on Tiger nor will I have any way of testing them.