unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
BTW what is the Python version available on Debian? Can multiple
versions be installed at the same time (Gentoo uses something
called slots to accomplish that).
everything else it needs (including DSV, which I had to upload
I'd dearly love to get rid of DSV as Python 2.3 introduced a
library csv module. Sadly it doesn't handle unicode.
drawback of this is getting a slightly older version of wxPython than
BitPim wants because Debian's wxWidgets maintainer considers 2.6.2's
Gtk+ port too buggy to upload; however, it wasn't too hard to adjust
brewcompressedimage.py accordingly, and other code seems unaffected.
Robin was away for a while. Now that he is back the pace of wxPython
releases should resume including bug fixes.
Incidentally, ReleaseForge (releaseforge.sf.net) claims to make the
file release process a lot less painful; I've never had reason to try
it, though.
ReleaseForge is a gui app using Qt. In that sense it is a marginal
improvement over the web page interface supplied by SourceForge,
but it just changes whose silly buttons you have to press.

What I want is a command line app that takes simple parameters like
the release version (creating it in SourceForge if it doesn't already
exist) and the filename. It can guess the things like the format
and processor. I did ask the author of ReleaseForge way back for
this and he was too obsessed with the gui. It also wouldn't do
things like creating a release if it didn't already exist - it would
always create a release. Since I build the release files on multiple
machines, I want to directly update SourceForge from each of them.
I did find a Perl program at one point. Sadly it only allowed one
file per release to be added.