unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
I do have some information on the protocol used to transfer media to the
8100 and to transfer pictures from the camera. I tried to implement the
protocol for the 4900 but had no luck. So either the media protocol on
the 4900 is different from the 8100, or I am missing something in my
understanding of the protocol.

If you are willing to help, without any quick payoff in actual working
media transfer software, and are able to get the CVS version of BitPim
running, I could use some help testing the protocol on an 8100.
After uploading phonebook data does it always reboot the phone?
Yes. I believe that it is required. Also on the 4900 it displays a
rather scary message
uploading the phonebook. That's a good enough reason for me to reboot.

I'm told that SnapSync reboots the phone even when you read the phone
book. At least we don't do that.

Stephen