[BitPim-devel] lg vx-10000 v.cx10kt09 telus failed sync w/bitpim
Broady DiMarco
2009-08-11 07:53:51 UTC
Hopefully this is a good enough challenge for you guys out there. Ok I have just unboxed a brand spanking new lg-Vx-10000 (Voyager) version cx10kt09 that I have purchased from Telus in Canada. It works great (except for the occasional random resets it tends to do). I was introduced to BitPim by a forum buddy and was told I would be able to add ringtones etc... as I pleased. I downloaded the Verizon drivers (LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_Eng_Ver_4.8.1.exe) from the Verizon Wireless website. Everything installed smoothly onto my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 laptop. My computer recognizes it as two things; LGE CDMA USB Modem & LGE CDMA Composite USB Device. I can run BitPim without any problems, until I ask it to detect my phone. That is when the problem starts. BitPim only seems to recognize it as "Other CDMA Phone on Com 5." After that I'm stuck. It wont allow me to access my phone's data. The "Get Phone Data" screen pops-up, but none of the boxes are selectable. I've considered that having the drivers from another company might be an issue, but I truly have no other option.

Send and receive email from all of your webmail accounts.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671356