[BitPim-devel] read-only mode
Roger Binns
2005-01-25 07:09:15 UTC
I have just added a read only mode to BitPim. This is for people who
want to be cautious. It disables all means (I can think of :-) for
writing to the phones. That includes high level stuff like removing
the various menu items that lead to writing, as well as pointing
all methods and objects that can do writing to something that raises
an exception.

In theory we can now tell people to turn this on if they are concerned
about unintentionally (or intentionally) writing to their phone.
I guess the first beneficiaries would be Audiovox CDM8900 users.

It also requires restarting BitPim to exit read only mode. No restart
is needed to enter the mode.

In the code, this is actually called safe mode. The ApplySafeMode
method in the main application object can be further extended if
you have any code that may be "unsafe".