[Bitpim-devel] com port detection
Roger Binns
2003-03-14 08:11:04 UTC
I've written some com port detection code which prints out a list
of all com ports on your machine. It works on all my machines and
I need to check if it works on all yours. I've currently got a
standalone program. When it works well enough I'll integrate the
code into bitpim.

If you have some time and can give it a try, get the latest version
of comscan from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211

What to look for:

- It should print all of your com ports, including conventional ones
and USB to serial convertors
- The information reported should be "accurate"

Here is an example of what it outputs on one of my machines. There is
a slight difference in output between Win9x machines and Win2k/Xp.

ComScan 13 March 2003

COM1:
Desc: Communications Port (COM1)
Mfg: (Standard port types)