[BitPim-devel] LG VX9100 exception error every time I try to "convert" mp3.
Lindsey Mason
2011-06-10 15:26:29 UTC
I am using version 1.0.7.

My phone is an LG VX9100 (env2).

I am using Mac OSX 10.5.8.

I am using a cable that connects from my phone's charging slot to my
laptop's USB port.

I have been using Bitpim for a long time, and this never happened to me
before now. Every single time I try to "convert" an mp3 file, it gives
me an exception error. Bitpim recognizes my phone, and I am able to send
data from my phone to Bitpim. I will go to "Ringers", click the "Add
Ringer" button, select my mp3 file, and then I am prompted by a window
with a "convert" button. In the past, I have been able to do this just
fine. But now, every single time I click "convert", I am given this
message...

*BitPim version: 1.0.7-Test
An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "guihelper.pyo", line 165, in _busywrapper
File "ringers.pyo", line 451, in OnConvert
File "ringers.pyo", line 575, in mp3convert
File "conversions.pyo", line 246, in converttomp3
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
713: ordinal not in range(128)

Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last

Frame _busywrapper in guihelper.pyo at line 167
args = (<ringers.ConvertDialog; proxy of <Swig Object of
type 'wxDialog *' at 0xdd2a00>
method = <function OnConvert at 0x12d54d30>
kwargs = Keys []
{}

Frame OnConvert in ringers.pyo at line 451
i = 335
self = <ringers.ConvertDialog; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxDialog *' at 0xdd2a00>
_ = <wx._core.CommandEvent; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxCommandEvent *' at 0xbf

Frame mp3convert in ringers.pyo at line 575
self = <ringers.ConvertDialog; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxDialog *' at 0xdd2a00>

Frame converttomp3 in conversions.pyo at line 247
e =
CommandExecutionFailed('/Applications/BitPim.app/Contents/Resources/helpers/ffmp
ffmpeg =
'/Applications/BitPim.app/Contents/Resources/helpers/ffmpeg.mbin'
mp3file =
'/var/folders/pF/pFQNj0RLEASNwlMig8fOOE+++TM/-Tmp-/tmp1t44hP.mp3'
inputfilename = u'/Users/lindseymason/Music/iTunes/iTunes
Music/Bj\xf6rk/Debut/03 Venus as a Boy
channels = 2
samplerate = 44100
bitrate = 48
*
Attached is the rest of the contents in the Log page.

I have looked on the web and in the archives for a similar issue, and
did not find anything. Please help.
*
*