[BitPim-devel] development requirements
b***@amason.net
2011-04-17 20:07:17 UTC
The mail archive could use a search function. Or maybe I'm not seeing it.

How strict are the requirements? It says you must use Unicode version
wxPython 2.8.8.1. But debian is now running 2.8.10.1 and is the Unicode
version. Seems a waste to downgrade if not necessary.

I have a Sanyo SCP-3810. Latest debian package for Bitpim sees it and
communicates with it, but doesn't find it. This phone does work fully in
Datapilot, from what I read. Therefore it must be doable in Linux/Win. I
will probably get Datapilot, as I have important pictures I really want to
download. Once I have them, I would be more than happy to make this phone
work in bitpim.

So, I wonder if the needed software listed on the dev pages is up to date.
It seems odd to have a dev environment older than stable debian.

Thanks,
Brian