[BitPim-devel] RE: [BitPim-user] Exception Error found in 8.10
Simon C
2006-03-29 15:58:25 UTC
Thanks Tim, I am found a developers copy of 8.10 and am
testing it on
my own and giving feedback.
This is exactly what would have happened with any copy of
BitPim going back at least a year. At some point we'll need
to make it give more meaningful information if you try to use
an Outlook feature and it isn't installed.
Trying to load outlook as we create the menu's would be the easiest way to
do this, as we already have conditional code for outlook, but this would
silently remove the options from the menu without telling the user anything
and it would increase the bitpim startup time on windows.
An alternative is to add a check to the outlook option event handlers and
show an error dialog when invoked, advantage is that only users that want
outlook will be affected by the change and they will get an error message
which should help them figure out the problem, downside is that it will be
more code.

Any preferences?

Simon