[BitPim-devel] Calendar auto sync feature
Simon C
2005-10-27 01:48:08 UTC
I have a calendar autosync feature, it automatically syncs up the phone with
the calendar every time it is connected to the PC or at a preset interval if
it is left connected. I got the idea from watching someone use a PDA to do
the same thing.

There is a new menu option "autosync" to configure and run the feature.

The implementation stores the calendar and filter settings in the bitpim
database, it hooks into the existing code to import the calendar from the PC
and send the data to the phone. There is no change to the existing import
calendar feature. To avoid the "permission" dialog that pops up with
outlook, the autosync feature does not import the body of the calendar
events from outlook. It is independent of the phone model.

I have been using/testing it for a couple of months.

The alarm options in the calendar filter have been enhanced to allow control
of the ringtone and vibration and to force the alarms to on for all events,
this affects the existing import feature as well because the filter code is
shared with the existing import function.

Most of the code is in a new source file, there are also additions to the
calendar classes.

I'd like to check this into cvs now given that we have just done a release,
thoughts?

Simon
Joe Pham
2005-10-27 03:47:30 UTC
I’d like to check this into cvs now given that we have just done a
release, thoughts?
Please do not check this into CVS at this time. There're a few design issues that need to be clarified.

Revolutionize the way you surf the Web!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!