[BitPim-devel] AT$QCDMG returning ERROR
Alex Sue
2005-09-23 21:35:26 UTC
hi there,

jus wondering if anyone has ever come across this? instead of OK, i get a
ERROR returned on a LG VX8000. and what this could mean? thanks!

alex
Roger Binns
2005-09-24 01:17:37 UTC
  jus wondering if anyone has ever come across this?  instead of OK, i
get a ERROR returned on a LG VX8000.  and what this could mean?
thanks!
It means you are using a direct USB connection and are trying to send
diagnostic mode command on the modem interface. The seperate
diagnostic interface is already in diagnostics (aka Brew) mode.

2005-09-27 03:33:13 UTC
[Please do not send email directly to me. Keep it in the list for all
to see and answer. ]
so this means I'm probably using
the wrong interface to talk to the phone, is that it?
You have to use the modem interface for modem stuff and the diagnostics
interface for the brew/diagnostics protocol.
also, is there any site with all this information that I can read on my
own? since this has a some reverse engineering, I doubt it's readily
available, plus I already searched and couldn't come up with anything.
It is mentioned in the online help for LG phones as well as many times
in the user and developer group mailing list archives.

http://search.gmane.org/?query=interface&group=gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.user
http://search.gmane.org/?query=interface&group=gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.devel