[Bitpim-devel] Anyone with a LGVX6000?
Roger Binns
2003-11-20 08:19:50 UTC
Is there anyone on this list with an LG VX6000? I am busy adding
suport for it and have been loaned a phone. I need to know if
some of the images come with the phone or were added by the phone's
owner. Please email me if you have one.

And for anyone who is curious: The software inside the 6000 is
very similar to the 4400. It just looks like a more modern
version. The phonebook format and capabilities is identical.

But just to make life that little bit more challenging, there
are no less than 5 different locations images are stored and
a similar number for ringtones.

On the USB side, its product and vendor ids are identical to the
4400. And to gouge owners the cable connector is different. The
camera is pretty crappy IMHO.

I can use both LG drivers as well as the FutureDial straight USB
VX4400 drivers (they are associated with the same USB ids). I
haven't hit the driver bugs in the FutureDial drivers yet, but
have had mysterious hangs. The LG drivers have worked well.

It has been 16 extra lines of code so far to support this phone.

Roger
Robert Rosenberg
2003-11-20 08:53:17 UTC
My daughter has a VX6000.
This is being cc'd to her. I know she can help here.

Pam, please send a message to Roger using the e-mail address in the to: box with the pictures your vx6000 came with.
Thanks,
--
* Shalom *

[...]

Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it
help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help
YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/