[Bitpim-devel] Qtopia Desktop import
Roger Binns
2004-06-27 09:46:28 UTC
I have completed the Qtopia import code and tested it on Windows
and Linux. The only issue is that the default Python XML parser
(expat) munges whitespace in tag attributes (collapsing all whitespace
sequences to a single space). That means you will lose newlines
in the notes field for example. I don't know what the XML
correct behaviour is, but we are stuck with this anyway.

Feel free to test it and give feedback here. You can download
Qtopia desktop for all platforms from Trolltech's site.
For some bizarre reason they make it *really* hard to import
information into their program.