[BitPim-devel] Read/Write raw memory
Younes Manton
2009-03-15 19:00:40 UTC

I don't have much experience with phones, so I apologize if these
questions are ignorant, but I've searched Google and the list and
haven't found what I'm looking for. I want to be able to read the
phone's memory content in Bitpim, like CDMA Workshop does. With CDMA
Workshop you provide a 32bit address and size to read/write and it
dumps the memory to/from a file. There's also a useful Scan feature to
find accessible memory ranges.

Can Bitpim already do this? Do we just have to expose it?
If not, how does CDMA Workshop do it? They mention peek/poke commands,
are these AT commands specific to Qualcomm chipsets?
What address space is CDMA Workshop accessing with these functions?
Physical RAM, ROM, I/O? Or is it the address space of a user
application at the other end of the serial interface, which wouldn't
have access some parts of memory? I'm assuming the phones use an MMU
and address spaces, but maybe not.

I have experience with Python, wxWidgets, etc but not with phones, so
any info someone could provide would be very helpful.

Thanks,
YM