[Bitpim-devel] A question about p_lgvx4500.p and the calendar
Peter Dufault
2004-05-12 12:56:45 UTC
I wanted to go further with the calendar on the VX4500 based on the
hexdump I posted yesterday of the calendar entry file.

I copied the schedule section from the vx4400 to the vx4500 .p file and
then modified scheduleevent as follows:

from:

PACKET scheduleevent:
4 UINT pos "position within file, used as an event id"
4 LGCALDATE start
4 LGCALDATE end
1 UINT repeat
3 UINT daybitmap "which days a weekly repeat event happens on"
1 UINT alarmminutes "a value of 100 indicates not set"
1 UINT alarmhours "a value of 100 indicates not set"
1 UINT changeserial
1 UINT snoozedelay "in minutes"
1 UINT ringtone
39 STRING {'raiseonunterminatedread': False} description

to:

PACKET scheduleevent:
4 UINT pos "position within file, used as an event id"
4 LGCALDATE start
4 LGCALDATE end
1 UINT repeat
3 UINT daybitmap "which days a weekly repeat event happens on"
1 UINT alarmminutes "a value of 100 indicates not set"
1 UINT alarmhours "a value of 100 indicates not set"
1 UINT changeserial
1 UINT snoozedelay "in minutes"
1 UINT ringtone
35 STRING {'raiseonunterminatedread': False} description
2 UINT foo1
2 UINT foo2
2 UINT foo3

I then ran:

python protogen.py p_lgvx4500.p p_lgvx4500.py

and ran bitpim, but got what appeared to be the exact same problem with
the same count as last time, namely:

IndexError: trying to read one byte beyond end of 66 byte buffer

I wasn't sure if I'd fixed anything or not, but I expected the count to
change since the scheduleevent is now 2 bytes larger and I assumed
those "self" references would change things.

I don't know python.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.