[BitPim-devel] Documentation on SQLite indirectBLOB?
MBR
2009-03-25 21:49:23 UTC
I'm trying to examine the database created by BitPim in the file
bitpim.db. The first several bytes of that file say "SQLite format 3",
so I read up on SQLite, and at http://www.sqlite.org/download.html I
found sqlite-3_6_11.zip, which is a pre-compiled Windows command-line
SQL interface.

I ran:

sqlite3 bitpim.db

then typed:

.dump

and saved the output to see what's in the database. The result is a set
of SQL queries that can be used to recreate the database. In the output
I found numerous references to columns of type indirectBLOB. When I
look at the data that gets inserted into those columns, it's pretty
clear that the value in those columns is of the form:

/tableName/,/recordId/,/recordId/,...

But I've been unable to find documentation on the keyword 'indirect' or
'indirectBLOB' anywhere on the web, including
http://www.sqlite.org/docs.html. Can any of the developers here tell me
where to find that documentation?

I'm submitting this to the SQLite mailing list too, but I'm also asking
on the BitPim developers list because BitPim obviously uses SQLite, so
presumably at least one of the BitPim developers must know something
about SQLite.

Anyone know where I can find documentation on either 'indirect' or
'indirectBLOB' in an SQL query?

Mark Rosenthal
***@arlsoft.com <mailto:***@arlsoft.com>