[BitPim-devel] question about sending data to phone
Tomáš Bezouška
2006-07-02 09:49:37 UTC
Hi, I am using Siemens SXG75 and I like your program. I want to try to make a program to comunicate in same way as BitPim does, but I need your help. I dont know the structure of commands for copying files into phone. FE:

str: Y . . . . 5 . . . . . . . ( b r e w / m o d / j a v a _ a m s / c o n f i g / g a m e s / s p o t . j a r . . .
hex: 59 05 00 01 01 35 E2 02 00 FF 00 01 00 28 62 72 65 77 2F 6D 6F 64 2F 6A 61 76 61 5F 61 6D 73 2F 63 6F 6E 66 69 67 2F 67 61 6D 65 73 2F 73 70 6F 74 2E 6A 61 72 00 00 01 50 4B 03 04 14 00 08 00 08 00 B8 5D 7C 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I dont know what does 35 E2 02 mean. It is the same for one file. I know it is not the file size. But what is it? Could you help? Thx in advance
Simon C
2006-07-02 15:02:22 UTC
> Hi, I am using Siemens SXG75 and I like your program. I want
> to try to make a program to comunicate in same way as BitPim
> does, but I need your help. I dont know the structure of
> commands for copying files into phone. FE:

Look at p_brew.p and com_brew.py in the bitpim source tree.

Simon
Tomáš Bezouška
2006-07-03 10:12:36 UTC
Thx for it. I can already see the structure of the commands. Still, I d=
ont undestand last 2 B - F.E.: D6 F2 7E. I know 7E ends every command b=
ut what are those 2B before it? I found in p_brew.p note, that they do=
n't include the trailing CRC and 7f. I guess thats what I am looking fo=
r. But how is it counted? Had a look into com_brew.py, but as I dont pr=
ogram in Python (I use Delphi) it is very dificult to see any sense her=
e.

Roger Binns
2006-07-03 16:40:19 UTC
> I know 7E ends every command but what are those 2B before it?

They are the CRC. The method used is the same as X.25 and PPP.
You can find specs via a Google search.

The .p file specify the various commands. The phone module
then adds the CRC.

Read the BitPim developer doc, especially the bit about the
analyser.

Roger
Tomáš Bezouška
2006-07-05 10:02:44 UTC
I read what I could on https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bitpim/trunk=
/bitpim in dev-doc directory but didnt find anything
> Od: ***@rogerbinns.com
> Komu: <bitpim-***@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Datum: 03.07.2006 18:40
> P=F8edm=ECt: Re: [BitPim-devel] question about sending data to phone
>
>> I know 7E ends every command but what are those 2B before it?
>
>They are the CRC. The method used is the same as X.25 and PPP.
>You can find specs via a Google search.
>
>The .p file specify the various commands. The phone module
>then adds the CRC.
>
>Read the BitPim developer doc, especially the bit about the=20
>analyser.
>
>Roger
>
>Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, securi=
ty?
>Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job
easier
>Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo

Tomáš Bezouška
2006-07-10 19:25:37 UTC
Pls, help with CRC calculation. I tried several methods, but with no success. I had a look into p_brew.p but there is written "We do not include CRC" So where am I supposed to find it? Just show me an example or something. ThanQ
Stephen Wood
2006-07-10 19:49:34 UTC
BitPim's crc calculations are done in common.py.