unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
My take is that it would mean replacing the p_brew.py packets that talk to
the file system.
The 8100 supports the old and the new format, but in the future phones may
loose support for the old commands. This could help future proof bitpim for
the future somehow. Also somehow QPST detects what the phone supports
because if you connect a 4400 it uses the same protocol as bitpim to access
the filesystem. I did not try with the 6100, it would be nice to figure out
how this works so that this is automatic.

About the legal stuff, as long as we don't actually use the program, using
information about the protocol is probably OK, after all bitpim currently
uses an undocumented reverse engineered protocol anyway.

Simon