[BitPim-devel] Borrow my Env Touch (LG-VX11000) for BitPim development?
Andrew
2009-06-30 22:17:11 UTC
Hello, BitPim developers:

I was reading this forum thread:

http://cellphoneforums.net/lg-env/t298673-problem-using-bitpim-env-touch.html

and someone suggests that 1) BitPim developers might not have an Env touch in their possession, for development and 2) that if they /did/ they might develop its support in BitPim fairly quickly

Verizon just shipped me my Env Touch, but I don't have to activate it right away

I would be willing to *LEND* you my Env touch if ...

1) you think you might make use of it toward reasonably successful BitPim support. As they report in the above forum, settings for the Voyager and the Versa seem to be very close to working with the Touch, and the biggest problem is the potential data loss (contacts) and other functionality loss, due to incorrect requests.

2) if you think that the likelihood of my phone's TOTAL destruction is reasonably low. I understand you might, in the development process, temporarily wipe out this or that, but there should a way to restore/reset the phone, as the people on that forum report. I'd be, of couse, more reluctant to lend you the phone if you thought the risk of total destruction is high. I also understand that there's probably SOME risk of that, even if it's low.

and, again, just to be sure, my offer is different from what the forum poster suggests -- someone *donating* their Touch to you guys. I'm not donating; i'm lending one.

Please let me know

thanks
andrew