unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
The only thing that worked was a complete wipe of the phone using a
hidden service menu and left the phone in a truly factory initialized
state.=20

My phone is now back and all my numbers reentered with my prefences set
again etc. I'm not likely to experiment any further with this because I
don't have any mechanism to back up the phone and it takes too much time
to reenter everything.
=20
Note that alternatively some stuff could be happening in
the file. On the LG phones in the service menu you
can set what port the diag mode stuff goes to (eg which
of the two USB interfaces, NULL or up to two different serial
endpoints) as well as baud rates for serial endpoints.
=20
I can't find anything like that in the Samsung. I also wrote some USB
code trying to access the Data class interface but I didn't have any
luck. The OS seems be blocking my access for some reason with a busy
error response, perhaps because the OS owns modem port. (This is on OS X
10.3.5).