[BitPim-devel] Test load for 950 SMS and Call History
Peter Quirk
2006-06-10 19:14:24 UTC
Joe,

I'll be happy to try this out!

-- Peter Quirk
Paul Jack
2006-06-11 12:00:12 UTC
Count me in for the 950 load!

I finally got my phone back from Verizon/Samsung. Had the phone only one
month and the call quality was terrible!!!!! Anyone I called would complain
that they couldn't understand what I was saying (and yes, I was speaking
clearly! :-) ) and I was having a very difficult time hearing them. The
phone just kepted cutting in and out. After having it in the shop for a
month, it finally arrived! :-) Well, to be honest, I'm still not impressed
with this phone. Although my friends say my calls are coming through
clearer, what I hear is still breaking up. It's like the auto gain control
is too sensitive and cuts out all soft noises and so when they speak, the
first part of their words are cut out and any soft parts while they are
speaking.

OK, I know this isn't a good place for a review of this phone but I'm really
dissapointed in it!
I really hate that when you use the camera/camcorder, there is no way to
shut off the zoom and brightness noise! It sounds Terrible!!!!! The zoom
sounds like a broken down child's toy with batteries nearly depleated! And
the brightness goes "Goink, Goink, Goink!" This is terrible when you are
someplace quiet! Every turns to look at the dork making all the noise! :-)

That's just one of my major complaints so I'll leave the rest for another
form.

Back to Bitpim...

Since I just got my phone back I'll be happy to help work on some of the 950
stuff. But it's been about 4 years since I've done any python work so rusty
isn't the word for it! But what the heck, I'll give it a try! It's just
code (LOL I actually said that once in an interview and actually got the
job! Boy was I wrong!)