Re[2]: [BitPim-devel] Problem with UNICODE filenames still not fixed :( (part 1 of 3)
Simon C
2005-10-11 01:56:39 UTC
Yura,

Your e-mail address does not work for me.
You can download it from http://briefcase.yahoo.com/***@sbcglobal.net
Let me know if it works.
If it crashes send me the trace information from the exception window.

Simon
2005-10-14 21:18:50 UTC
Hello Simon.

I've tested the new version.
BitPim shows splash screen for a while, then it disappears and nothing
else happens. Exception window is NOT shown. Maybe, there is
command-line option to force it, or to store trace info in log file?
Bitpim.exe remains in task manager until I kill it manually.
This is exactly how it was in previous versions, nothing changed.

BUT, when I run BitFling, it starts normally, opens TCP port for
incoming connections, and seems to work as expected.
There are no errors in log window. (Previously it failed to start and
showed a lot of info in log, which I included in my initial message).

So, you are on a right way, but there is something else to be done.

PS. My e-mail works fine, but attachments with .exe extension are not
accepted, rename to .zip next time, or better upload somewhere.
--
С уважением,
Yura mailto:***@ukr.net
Yura
2005-10-17 08:40:12 UTC
I found another place that did not work with Unicode.
I uploaded another version to ......
Hello Simon!
YES, this version works fine (0.7.38-test2)! Unfortunately, I don't
have now any phone that is fully supported by bitpim, so I could check
only filesystem explorer in "other cdma phone" mode. In a few days I'll
try to test all the features and send you the results, but I think
everything will be ok.
Thanks for your support. Please include your fixes in the official
release.
--
С уважением,
Yura mailto:***@ukr.net