[BitPim-devel] Considering contributing for the SPH-A900m, but need some real getting started assistance.
Josh Farber
2006-12-22 19:10:05 UTC
Would anyone be willing to render unto me a bit of assistance understanding the log files and the general idea of what I need to do to get started backing out the protocol of this phone? Attached are the log and protocol logs as a zip file. My OS is XP for the moment. Ports seem to be in order, with Com4 as the actual modem.

What do certain things mean in the log file? Specifically things like: 0:31:29.500 at the beginning of each line. It looks sort of like a time stamp or error code, but I can't determine it. I doubt this is a time, as it doesn't change from directive to directive (unless they're just happening between the resolution of the clock :(

What is a good barebones, OpenSouce terminal program that I can use to directly communicate with the modem? I'm thinking something like hyperterminal, but OpenSource for XP