[Bitpim-devel] BitPim 0.6 test4 released
Roger Binns
2003-09-05 09:27:48 UTC
I expect this to be the last test release before 0.6 final.

Changes since 0.6 test3:

- BCI images are now shown in wallpaper view, uploaded to phone etc
- Filesystem view now shows file sizes and dates
- You can backup and restore from the filesystem view. Right click on
a directory to get the menu items. This feature is really cool
IMHO :-)
- All open bug reports in SourceForge were fixed
- Lots more help

Things to test:

- The dates are correct in filesystem view
- Backup and restore work correctly

For people who help other users a lot (all wave at Tom :-), I would appreciate
you going over the online help looking for areas that are not covered. You
can browse the help without installing BitPim at http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/help/
(I update that every day or so with new content).

Changes before test4 is released:

- Wire in several more dialog boxes for online help
- Working with one user on VX6000 compatibility (there seems to be
some minor difference in the filesystem protocol)

I would appreciate all reports of test4 working or not working for you. Hopefully
there are none of the latter :-)

Downloads for Linux and Windows at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&release_id=151880

No Mac people have stepped forward so I have no idea what the status on Mac is.