[BitPim-devel] BitPim 1.0.7 and LG VX9200 env3 exception in SMS
Daniel Perelman
2010-05-03 00:49:11 UTC
I was getting the same exception Don Lewis was getting trying to get a
copy of the SMS messages off my LG VX9200 (env3) (SW Version VX920V03,
HW Version Revision 1.1). By taking a look at the hex format of a
message copied off my phone, I was able to find that the "sender"
field on messages from my phone were only 21 bytes long while the code
was expecting it to be 49 bytes long. Making the change to the code
below made SMS import work properly for me.

This is a quick hack which likely breaks SMS import for other phones
which do have a 49 byte field there. Also, I do not use the bitpim
features for editing data on the phone, so those may still be broken
if they rely on that format. Hopefully someone more familiar with the
code base knows the proper way to integrate this fix.

diff /usr/share/bitpim/code/phones/p_lgvx9100.py
/tmp/bitpim/src/bitpim-1.0.7+dfsg1/src/phones/p_lgvx9100.py
4323c4323
< self.__field_sender=USTRING(**{'sizeinbytes': 21}) # Was 49
---
self.__field_sender=USTRING(**{'sizeinbytes': 49})
- Daniel Perelman