[BitPim-devel] diff between 0.7.28 and 0.7.29
Jon Christopher
2007-07-17 23:43:55 UTC
Hello,

I have a Samsumg SPH-A840, which is mostly handled by the a640 code.
According to the version history 0.7.29 started using the caption
instead of the timestamp for files retrieved from the phone.

I'd prefer to use the timestamp b/c the caption is (by default) just
Pic001, etc, and there's no date information in the image, which makes
it suboptimal for importing into picassa or iPhoto.

Ideally, there would be an option in the next bitpim release to allow
users to choose which filename type to use. I'd patch my own version,
but I can't find any way to get a diff between 0.7.28 and 0.7.29. The
svn archives don't go that far back. The cvs archives seem to be
offline.

Can anyone tell me how to get a diff of these versions? What does the
group think about making the filename format an option?

Thanks
Jon