[Bitpim-devel] VX6000 cable documentation note
Peter Dufault
2004-07-13 12:40:31 UTC
I note that the LGVX6000 cable documentation says:

"It is recommended that you get a straight USB cable. (The USB issues
that affect the VX4400 do not affect this phone)."

It isn't clear from this that a VX4500 USB to serial cable will work.
In case someone already has a VX4500 cable I think you should add:

"However, if you already have a VX4500 USB to serial cable, you can use
that. The notes on the VX4500 cable page will then apply in accessing
the VX6000."

I use the vx4500 cable to set up my brother's VX6000. I wouldn't want
someone who already has a working vx4500 setup to go out and buy a new
cable.

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.
Roger Binns