[BitPim-devel] p_*.p file and protogen help
Fiz Stein
2007-02-06 01:48:44 UTC

Maybe I'm just being dense tonight but I am having trouble understanding protogen and the p_xxx.p files and haven't found any answer.

I need to mod, for example, part of p_lgvx4400.p (after copying to the *.p file for my own phone) to add the 2 "unknown" entries just before and after the wallpaper entry. I'm baffled by the comment about "modify com_lgvx4400 to give a different truncateat parameter..."

Can someone provide some enlightenment? I know enough to run protogen after modifying the *.p file but not what to do in com_lgvx4400 (or my phone's version of this file).

Thanks,
fzzz

# All STRINGS have raiseonterminatedread as False since the phone does
# occassionally leave out the terminator byte
# Note if you change the length of any of these fields, you also
# need to modify com_lgvx4400 to give a different truncateat parameter
# in the convertphonebooktophone method
PACKET pbentry:
4 UINT serial1
2 UINT {'constant': 0x0202} +entrysize
4 UINT serial2
2 UINT entrynumber
23 USTRING {'encoding': PHONE_ENCODING, 'raiseonunterminatedread': False} name
2 UINT group
* LIST {'length': NUMEMAILS} +emails:
49 USTRING {'encoding': PHONE_ENCODING, 'raiseonunterminatedread': False} email
49 USTRING {'raiseonunterminatedread': False} url
1 UINT ringtone "ringtone index for a call"
1 UINT msgringtone "ringtone index for a text message"
1 BOOL secret
* USTRING {'encoding': PHONE_ENCODING, 'raiseonunterminatedread': False, 'sizeinbytes': MEMOLENGTH} memo
1 UINT unknown1
1 UINT wallpaper
9 UINT unknown9
* LIST {'length': NUMPHONENUMBERS} +numbertypes:
1 UINT numbertype
* LIST {'length': NUMPHONENUMBERS} +numbers:
49 USTRING {'raiseonunterminatedread': False} number
* UNKNOWN +unknown20c

Be a PS3 game guru.