unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
this is great! i have a sanyo 4900, and i assume it
should be the same.

I'm anxious to know when i can start using bitpim in
linux to load images and midi files onto my phone!:)

--- Loren Passmore
Hi,
Thanks to Roger's excellent help, I can report
success in accessing the
internal filesystem of the Sanyo SCP-8100.
My main goal in doing this is to be able to use
BitPim to access/backup
my phonebook info, and I've found the file that
contains that
information, so that's a start.
-Phone is attached by generic USB cable for this
phone (purchased on
ebay from eforcity.com)
-I installed the free software provided by Sprint
(http://sprint.com/pcsbusiness/gettechnical/applications/pcs_connection.html)
-At this point, the phone appears as a modem in the
Control
Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager
-Right click/properties on "Sanyo USB Phone".
Select "Modem" tab in
dialog, and note port (in my case, COM3)
-Now launch BitPim. Go Edit/Settings and enter the
com port in the
appropriate field, e.g. "COM3"
-