[BitPim-devel] Mac packaging
Roger Binns
2005-01-23 09:06:59 UTC
I have fixed various things in Mac packaging (and probably broken them
for 10.2).

Firstly the helpers directory is now actually included :-)

The release number (if non-zero) also becomes part of the dmg filename
automatically.

I don't have SDL installed. If you do have SDL installed then wxPython
references it (it is one way of playing sound) but it isn't needed for
the packaging.

SQLite 3 is also a shared library in the packaging, whereas I build
apsw with SQLIte statically linked in (less can go wrong ...)

I also got running py2app with optimize working (details below) which
shrunk the size of the zip by over 3 megabytes. It also means a whole
bunch of developer only code won't run either (a good thing!) The
newly included helpers directory negates the 3 megabyte gain ...

I have uploaded a build I made of the current CVS to the miscellaneous
section of the website for people to have a look. It will also do the
cool mp3 conversions etc

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=75211&package_id=113804

I couldn't figure out why py2app fails when you tell it to optimize.
It ends up not finding some of its own files, but doesn't have that
problem when optimize isn't specified. Anyway, add the lines between
the pound signs at line 207 of
/Library/Python/2.3/py2app/py2app/util.py

if target_dir:
cfile = os.path.join(target_dir, dfile)

###
### Hack to work around bug in py2app with optimize
###
if not os.path.exists(mod.filename):
import py2app

bootstrapname=os.path.join(os.path.dirname(py2app.__file__),
"bootstrap", mod.filename)
if os.path.exists(bootstrapname):
mod.filename=bootstrapname
###
### End hack
###

if force or newer(mod.filename, cfile):
if verbose:
print "byte-compiling %s to %s" % (mod.filename,
dfile)