[BitPim-devel] LG VX-5500 Groups
Daniel Neuberger
2010-02-28 22:11:31 UTC
Hello,

Importing and exporting of groups on the LG VX-5500 doesn't work
correctly (probably just because it hasn't been done yet) and I'm
interested in helping fix the problem. Does anyone have any pointers to
help me get started?

I'm already setup to develop using Python per the directions on the
bitpim developer page.

Here is what I know already based on troubleshooting:

1) Having empty groups in your phone creates an exception when important
contacts.

2) The category for contacts added to a group on the phone is always
just blank.

3) The category for contacts without a group is always a strange unicode
symbol such as 0300 that shows up as a little square in bitpim.

4) If you upload contacts from BitPim that have groups to your phone,
the groups won't show up. There will be one random empty group created
though with 3 or 4 chinese characters for the name. All of the contacts
will show "No Group", but none of them will be listed in any groups
under the "Groups" menu including "No Group".

5) If you import contacts from your phone that had been previously
uploaded from bitpim, the groups will be maintained (even though they
didn't show up on the phone). This is only true of the first 21 groups
though and I've found at least one example where the name was messed up
slightly.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if any of that helps, but it seems like the
pbgroup.dat file has been changed slightly or something. I'm not
entirely sure how to best start tracking down the issue though.

I appreciate any pointers you all may have. Thanks.

- Daniel
h***@hotmail.com
2010-02-28 22:12:37 UTC