[BitPim-devel] USB Python classes?
Luke McCollum
2005-02-11 00:32:54 UTC
I'm doing a research project for UC Irvine, and would
like to use some of the code for the USB interface.
I've been able to set up the libraries all correctly
on my machine, but I'm unfamiliar with python and am
having trouble doing simple things.

How, for example, would I create a USB object and read
the serial number of the device it's bound to? Am I
completely off in my thinking of how this works?

Luke

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
Roger Binns
2005-02-11 04:27:25 UTC
Am I completely off in my thinking of how this works?
You need to understand USB and you need to understand the
libusb API. Unless you grok those, things won't make
sense.

http://libusb.sourceforge.net/doc/

The code in native/usb consists of two pieces. One makes
the libusb API available to Python code. It is the same
function names and data structures. The second piece
makes it object oriented, effectively combining each
data structure and the methods that operate on it into
a single Python object.