[BitPim-devel] Sanyo SCP-8400?
Jim Smith
2007-07-06 20:05:15 UTC
Stephen Wood wrote in February of this year, "I see little hope for BitPim
supporting the SCP-8400. Another user who has
the phone worked with me to try out a lot of things, but we had no success."
Has there been any updates for this phone since February?

I have helped some with the code for my PM-8200 in the past, and just got an
8400. I will be glad to download the latest source code and do what I can to
help, if you think it will do any good. Since I have both, maybe I can do
some comparisons between the two. Just let me know.

Failing that, I just swapped out a RAZR V3M for the 8400, because the whole
Motorola line of cell phones seem to have abysmal calendar notification
times, something like: on time, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, and 2
days. Sanyos will allow practically any notification time. Is there another,
preferably Sanyo, modern Bluetooth phone that is already working in BitPim,
or is being worked on by the developers?

Thanks,
Jim