[BitPim-devel] bitpim won't update phone book VX-6100/VX-4500
bruce baxter
2006-01-24 13:38:54 UTC
Here's the details on my software version from my VX-4500. I do try to do the *228 updates at least once a month, so I think I'm fairly up to date:

S/W ver. T45VZV04
PRL Ver. PRL 50449
ERI Ver. ERI 3
Browser Ver. 6.2.2.4.145
Get It Now Ver. 2.0.2.6
VR Ver. S1706E4700A026

On this version of the software, the phone behaves the same way as described in previous emails. I can get data from the phone just fine. If I update a phone number and then tell it to send data to the phone. It indicates it's re-reading all the entries from the phone, followed by rewriting all the entries from the phone, but NOT any of the new entries from the phone book that aren't in the phone. Lastly, it scans through my speed dials.

I just ran through the *228 programming again, and all of the software version number stayed the same. If I can be of any assistance in debugging this issue, I'll be happy to, as I am quite technically capable. I don't have any practical experience with Python, but I can work in a large number of other languages including C, Java, VB, Assembler and Cobol.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Bruce.
I am using version 0.8.06 and win xp for an LG VX6100 phone. Bitpim
will read everything from my phone just fine. It will also upload
everything except the phone book just fine. I can edit and erase
numbers already in the phone book. I can also erase a number
manually from the phone and have bitpim put that number and that
number only back on the phone. It will not put any new phone
numbers on the phone. The other disturbing part is that everything
works perfectly on my girlfriends phone of the same make and model.
That's just about exactly what BITPIM does with my VX-4500. Might there
be a problem. I've posted my logs here, read the documentation, and not
gotten any resolution to the issue yet. What additional information or
debugging can I do to assist?
What are the versions of the _firmware_ in these phones? My
understanding is that, for the VX-4500, one identifies this with

[Menu] [9] [8] [2]

and for the VX-6100 this is done with

[Menu] [Settings] [9] [2]

(Unfortunately, I don't have either one, so I cannot confirm these
sequences.)

End of BitPim-devel Digest

http://mail.yahoo.com