[BitPim-devel] MP3 player on LG-VX5300
Steve Brown
2006-09-30 23:04:08 UTC
Hi folks --

I've uncovered something that invites further hackery. Verizon, in
their hasty efforts to disable anything useful on this phone, seems to
have left LG's media player BREW binary completely intact! I think that
most of the firmware is shared between this phone and the VX8300, just
different BREW menu interfaces at the very highest level.

To access the media player:
MENU-0-000000 then 9-16 (Get It Now -> Get It Now)

This launcher seems to be a forgotten binary that was replaced by
Verizon's custom menu screens you normally see. It looks like it will
play QCP Qualcomm Purevoice files, but I am still searching for the
proper place on the EFS to put them.

Let me know if you know anything more!

Steve