unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
If you can make an etch backport of the test version, I'll be glad
to test that. Or you can tell me how to build a package from the
svn tree. I've downloaded it, but as I posted previously, I can't
make a deb package of any release or the trunk. I'm obviously new
at packaging, but I can't understand why a file from the tree is making
the procedure fail. Any other suggestion as to how to either fix or
work around this problem will be welcome.
As you have noticed, the files in packaging/debian are intended for
use only via buildrelease/makedist.py, which undertakes a fair bit of
preliminary work, including some amount of preprocessing. However,
upstream's source tree and build procedure isn't suitable for etch or
even unstable anyway on account of various considerations.

Instead, I'd advise applying the patch used to build the backport I
posted (which still applies to the trunk AFAICT) and proceeding from
there:

cd bitpim-trunk # or whatever you call your checkout
zcat .../bitpim_1.0.5.dfsg.1-1~bpo40*1.diff.gz | patch -p1
dch -v 1.0.6~pre-0
debuild -us -uc

HTH; HAND.
Finger ***@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.