[BitPim-devel] Motorola e815
Greg Ingram
2005-10-17 17:36:38 UTC
Gentlemen,

I wrote a week or two ago about an LG VX-7000 that was "lying about the
number of phonebook entries."

Well, I just traded up for a Motorola e815. I got a #48 cable from
FutureDial. On my Debian box here it shows up very nicely as a "USB ACM
device."

BitPim 0.7.37-official does not "detect" the phone, but I can browse the
filesystem. I pulled a picture from the phone and I also dropped my own
wallpaper onto the phone by overwriting one of the existing files. The
phone has showed no ill effects.

I've tried (albeit briefly) to get a development environment where I could
hack at BitPim and I'll work at it some more. In the meantime, can I
supply data from the phone to help you guys hack in better support?

Regards,

- Greg
Simon C
2005-10-17 21:00:47 UTC
Unless anyone minds I'm going to check in the code for
the new brew filesystem tonite, it will be debug only
on the 8100 until I have used it a bit more.
The change allows nvm files to be overwritten and also
fixes a file date/time problem with the 8100 (LG have
switched to unix time for the new commands and broken
the date/time for the old commands)
Simon C
2005-10-18 05:08:59 UTC
Can you backup your entire filesystem and send it to me (privately).

Simon