[BitPim-devel] Error importing com_lgvx11000
Lyndon
2010-11-13 06:18:33 UTC
I don't want to waste any major developers' time, so a short answer will
suffice if you have anything to say at all. Thanks for in advance (and for
all the work you've already done).

I'm doing some code dev work to salvage my contacts from my env Touch that I
took a swim with it. If you didn't know already, BitPim has some problems
getting the phonebook from this model. See
http://cellphoneforums.net/lg-env/t298673-problem-using-bitpim-env-touch-5.html

After drying off my phone the screen didn't work but I managed to get the
entire file system off of the phone via BitPim. So now I'm trying to
recover the phone numbers from the pbfile and pnfile. I've been studying
the source off and on for a few days, and am ready to tinker but get stuck
pretty much right away when I try to import the com_lgvx1100 to my own
source file. When trying to step through com_lgvx1100, I get this error
during the Profile class:

Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute
'print_exc'" in <bound method Rect.<lambda> of wx.Rect(-1, -1, -1, -1)>
ignored

I wonder if this has to do with my setup (Eclipse + Pydev on Windows 7) or
because I'm not using the class correctly (e.g. through the GUI or some kind
of debug mode). I was going to try to set things up in Ubuntu and see if I
had any better luck.

P.S. If you really want to know, Verizon admitted that my Backup Assistant
ran the week before I broke my phone but according to them running BA on the
Razr I used to replace my phone overwrote my contacts on my online account.
Go figure.