[BitPim-devel] Can provide assistance with Sanyo 7500
-= Delphicoder =-
2006-06-05 08:06:26 UTC
Hey guys!

First off, great job keeping Bitpim going! I've been following the project on and off for about a year and now have some time to lend to the project. I can help with getting BitPim to work with the Sanyo MM-7500, in so far as the writing the phonebook.

Once that part is complete, we could work on getting the calendar and the rest of the functions to work.

Has there been any progress with regards to this model?

I managed to get my phonebook onto the MM-7500 by selecting the MM-8300, but had to go about it in a rather time-consuming way to get it done.

I had to create a bunch of dummy entries manually on the phone (equal to the amount of phonebook entries needing to be transferred.) Once that was done, Bitpim would overwrite those entries with the phonebook loaded on the PC. While it worked, the sorting was completely off. This is despite the fact that prior to the transfer, I had exported the phonebook to CSV, sorted it using OpenOffice's Calc, re-imported it, and watched Bitpim write the phonebook in order.

Look forward to workin' with you guys....

//Rick
[Delphicoder]

http://mail.yahoo.com