[BitPim-devel] GPSDATE
Stephen Wood
2005-11-27 16:17:26 UTC
Does anyone mind if I move GPSDATE from prototypeslg to prototypes? It
seems to do the right thing for Sanyo phones.

Why is it called GPS date? Does the GPS system use the same date, Jan 6,
1980 as a start?

Stephen
Roger Binns
2005-11-27 17:27:15 UTC
Does the GPS system use the same date, Jan 6, 1980 as a start?
Yes. But it counts weeks since then and had a rollover in 1999.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/y2k/default.htm

Roger
Simon C
2005-11-27 17:30:32 UTC
Yes it does. I discovered this while working on the 8100
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/gpstt.html

Simon

_____