[BitPim-devel] VX8700 Support
Nathan Hjelm
2007-05-08 01:45:45 UTC
If the title does not say it all, here it is. Attached is a tarball
containing vx8700 support files. All standard functions are supported
by this version (and fairly well tested).

I also reverse engineered the transition to DM for the vx8700. The DM
challenge/response turns out to be a (intentionally?) bad
implementation of SHA-1 that does not append a 1 before padding the
message with 0's.
Joe Pham
2007-05-08 02:22:09 UTC
All standard functions are supported by this version (and fairly
well tested).
Thanks for your code. I'll add it into the next BitPim test load and
let other users try it out.
The DM challenge/response turns out to be a (intentionally?) bad
implementation of SHA-1 that does not append a 1 before padding the
message with 0's.
Very cool and good find! I suspect the VX8500/8600 phones work the
same.