[BitPim-devel] bitpim and Motorola V262
Mihai Ibanescu
2006-09-02 01:56:50 UTC

I've been trying to somehow get my address book and calendar synchronized
somehow (the calendar, with an external calendar). Natually I came across
bitpim (among other projects).

My cell phone is a Motorola V262 with Alltel as the service provider (CDMA
tri-band).

I was able to find some documentation on the AT command set used by Motorola,
and it does apply to my wife's phone (a v60i).

For my phone, very few of the AT commands work. AT+GCAP, AT+GMM, AT&V will
work and show some information; none of the phonebook commands work though,
probably because AT+MODE=2 doesn't work.

The symptom is that AT+MODE=2 just doesn't return anything. In minicom I can
type AT after that and I get an OK, but I get nothing after AT+MODE=2 or
AT+MODE=0.

Has anyone seen this before with any other type of phone? Does Motorola use a
different set of AT commands for this particular phone?

For the record, v262 is just one step above v260, the user manual is the same.
And I believe v265 is the same phone with a camera added to it. I've read on
various forums people mention similarities with v710, but according to
com_motov710.py that one it should support AT+MODE.

Here's the output from the logs, bitpim 0.9.06:

21:52:21.945 Detect Phone result: {'/dev/ttyACM0': {'mode_modem': True,
'mode_brew': False, 'firmwareresponse': None, 'esn': '0x1E85E723', 'model':
'Motorola V262 Phone', 'firmware_version': 'V26X_1.0.23.BP', 'manufacturer':
'Motorola CE, Copyright 2000'}}

Any information would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks!
Misa