[BitPim-devel] Want to Develop VX4650 Module(s)
Michael C.
2005-07-28 02:17:33 UTC
Hello everyone,

Although I have been a long time user of BitPim, used with my LG VX4400,
I'm new to the development community. I would like to develop the
modules needed to support the new LG VX4650.
Using my VX4400 to help figure out how this code works, I've run into a
few questions for those of you who are veteran BitPim programmers:

1) Basically, what are the specific steps you used to develop support
for a new phone (the dev-docs) were a bit light after downloading all of
the required code. I know I'm going to have to create the following files:
a) com_lgvx4650.py
b) p_lgvx4650.p (and consequently p_lgvx4650.py)

2) In the "com_lgvx4400.py" file, the "imagelocations" and
"ringtonelocations" specify an offset. How is this offset determined?
Trial and error?

3) How are the builtin wallpapers and ringtones lists developed? Typed
by hand or pulled from a file in the "filesystem"?

Any and all help, assistance, and guidance would be gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Michael C.