[Bitpim-devel] What needs changing after a phonebook write?
Roger Binns
2003-12-05 07:01:44 UTC
I want to fix the code that gets executed after a phonebook write
happens. The current code behaves as though an implicit read of
the phonebook happened afterwards and blats the UI phonebook with
that. It is certainly the wrong behaviour now.

For the VX4400 and VX6000 (and I suspect the TM520/VX10) the
only thing that does need to be updated are the serial numbers
for each entry. In most cases they will be the same. However
new entries will be assigned a new serial, and if the user has
erased the complete phonebook on the phone, then all entries
will get new serials.

Is there anything else on other phones that needs to be sent
back as updates after writing?

I have also started some documentation about what the phone
specific code should be doing, classes etc. See phonespec.html
in the web directory.