[Bitpim-devel] Linux RPM strip
Todd
2003-07-15 16:03:40 UTC
Not sure if this still works, but here is a post from a couple
years ago to the rpm list:

Date: Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:54 am
Subject: RE: any tag to set to disable strip ?
Courtesy of Mike A. Harris...
************************
%define __spec_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
%define __spec_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip
************************
Cheers,
Scotty
2003-07-15 19:28:20 UTC
Post by Todd
Not sure if this still works, but here is a post from a couple
It doesn't make any sense, and it doesn't work anyway!

Roger
Todd
2003-07-15 20:01:06 UTC
Yeah, didn't make any sense to me either, but I aint
no rpm whiz, that for sure.

Can you just manually replace brp-strip in /usr/rpm/lib with a
do-nothing shell script before building the bitpim rpm, maybe?
2003-07-15 20:34:34 UTC
Post by Todd
Yeah, didn't make any sense to me either, but I aint
no rpm whiz, that for sure.
I am actually :-) One of my other projects ships an RPM that
contains an RPM inside that, which then contains one inside
that. Anyone who has produced rpms before will know just how
challenging that is!
Post by Todd
Can you just manually replace brp-strip in /usr/rpm/lib with a
do-nothing shell script before building the bitpim rpm, maybe?
Nope, since I build other rpms for other projects. I did a
similar hack however frigging with one of the macros.