[BitPim-devel] Wallpaper Resolution
Lukas Sabota
2005-07-02 02:25:26 UTC
Hello!
When one wants to upload a wallpaper to his phone, bitpim displays the
wallpaper resizing dialog. This would be perfect, that is, if it worked
properly all the time. There should be an option with Fullscreen,
Wallpaper, FrontLCD, that is called Original. This original will make
no alterations to the wallpaper whatsoever. I've actually downgraded to
0.7.32, because I need to be able to upload wallpaper to my phone. I
know the correct resolutions for my phone, and I prefer to edit them in
GIMP. This will make things a little like obtrusive. What are your
thoughts on this addition?

Thanks again for a nice peice of software.

God Bless,
Lukas
Lukas Sabota
2005-07-02 02:30:38 UTC
Post by Lukas Sabota
Hello!
When one wants to upload a wallpaper to his phone, bitpim displays the
wallpaper resizing dialog. This would be perfect, that is, if it
worked properly all the time. There should be an option with
Fullscreen, Wallpaper, FrontLCD, that is called Original. This
original will make no alterations to the wallpaper whatsoever. I've
actually downgraded to 0.7.32, because I need to be able to upload
wallpaper to my phone. I know the correct resolutions for my phone,
and I prefer to edit them in GIMP. This will make things a little
like obtrusive. What are your thoughts on this addition?
Thanks again for a nice peice of software.
God Bless,
Lukas
Note: As i've downgraded, I've notcied that 0.7.32 has this same
behavior. Looks like I'll be waiting for a new release of bitpim with a
workaround.

Luke
John O'Shaughnessy
2005-07-02 02:52:38 UTC
Post by Lukas Sabota
Hello!
When one wants to upload a wallpaper to his phone, bitpim displays
the wallpaper resizing dialog. This would be perfect, that is, if
it worked properly all the time. There should be an option with
Fullscreen, Wallpaper, FrontLCD, that is called Original. This
original will make no alterations to the wallpaper whatsoever.
Lukas,

You should be able to add an image to BitPim without modification by
holding down the shift key while adding the image.

John
Lukas Sabota
2005-07-02 03:17:47 UTC
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
Post by Lukas Sabota
Hello!
When one wants to upload a wallpaper to his phone, bitpim displays
the wallpaper resizing dialog. This would be perfect, that is, if
it worked properly all the time. There should be an option with
Fullscreen, Wallpaper, FrontLCD, that is called Original. This
original will make no alterations to the wallpaper whatsoever.
Lukas,
You should be able to add an image to BitPim without modification by
holding down the shift key while adding the image.
John
Hmm.. This doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running BitPim 0.7.33...
When am I supposed to hold shift, specifically?

Luke
Joe Pham
2005-07-02 04:06:16 UTC
Post by Lukas Sabota
Hmm.. This doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running BitPim
0.7.33... When am I supposed to hold shift, specifically?
That feature is broken in 0.7.33, you'd need to back down to 0.7.32 to use it: just press & hold either Shift key & click on Add. The fix will be in the next release.

Get NetZero Platinum for as low as $6.95/month!
Visit http://www.netzero.com/bestoffer to sign up today!
Joe Pham
2005-07-02 04:08:13 UTC
This would be perfect, that is, if it worked properly all the time.
When & how did it not work properly?

Roger Binns
2005-07-02 04:46:35 UTC
Please only use the developer group for development related items.
Respond to this mail in the bitpim-user group.
Post by Lukas Sabota
This would be perfect, that is, if it worked
properly all the time.
Under what circumstances doesn't it work?
Post by Lukas Sabota
will make
no alterations to the wallpaper whatsoever.
There is a simple way of doing that, discussed several times in
the user group.

Roger
Lukas Sabota
2005-07-02 14:37:46 UTC
Please only use the developer group for development related items.
Respond to this mail in the bitpim-user group.
Sorry about that! I subscribed to the devel list to ask another python
related question. As more questions arose, I posted them to the devel
list without thinking. Forgive me, I know what an annoyance this can be.
Post by Roger Binns
This would be perfect, that is, if it worked properly all the time.
Under what circumstances doesn't it work?
I have the proper resolution for the front LCD of my LG VX7000: 96x80.
The frontlcd option of the resize dialog does not match my 98x80 jpegs.
Also I have noticed this resize dialog to show some erratic behavior,
just I'm sure it will stablize over time.
Post by Roger Binns
will make no alterations to the wallpaper whatsoever.
There is a simple way of doing that, discussed several times in
the user group.
Yes, I've now read that I can downgrade to 0.7.32 and hold the shift key
while I push add, and that one will be able to hold shift and press add
in 0.7.34.

Thanks for your reply, Roger.
God Bless,
Lukas
Roger Binns
2005-07-03 00:00:31 UTC
Post by Lukas Sabota
Post by Roger Binns
Under what circumstances doesn't it work?
I have the proper resolution for the front LCD of my LG VX7000: 96x80.
The frontlcd option of the resize dialog does not match my 98x80 jpegs.
Look in com_lgvx7000.py. The relevant except:

(parentprofile.stockimagetargets, "outsidelcd",
{'width': 96, 'height': 80, 'format': "JPEG"}))
Post by Lukas Sabota
Also I have noticed this resize dialog to show some erratic behavior,
just I'm sure it will stablize over time.
What erratic behaviour? There are no known issues.